Vishnu Naresh Boddeti is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan State University (MSU) and the Director of the Human Analysis Lab
Modern machine learning systems are critically dependent on data representations. My research in this area focuses on designing computationally and statistically efficient algorithms for learning such representations and understanding their behavior through concepts such as, convergence, complexity, privacy, fairness and security. I am specifically interested in developing novel modeling paradigms that afford explicit control over the semantic information content in a representation. My research agenda is directly motivated by, and contributes to, applications in machine learning, computer vision, biometric recognition and medical imaging.
Hiring: I am always looking for motivated students with strong mathematical background. Please read this before sending me an email, otherwise do not expect a reply. I value people who are attentive to details.
- 06/22/2021 Paper titled Adversarial Representation Learning With Closed-Form Solvers is accepted to ECML-PKDD 2021.
- 04/06/2021 Paper titled Multi-objective Coevolution and Decision-making for Cooperative and Competitive Environments is accepted to IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 2021.
- 01/01/2021 Received a Facebook Research Grant on Multi-objective Co-evolutionary Leaning along with Prof. Kalyanmoy Deb.
- 12/31/2020 One paper titled Neural Architecture Transfer is published in IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI) special issue on Neural Architecture Search.
- 11/13/2020 Paper titled Towards Multi-objective Co-evolutionary Problem Solving is accepted to Evolutionary Multi-Objective Optimization (EMO) 2021.
- 07/17/2020 One paper titled NSGANetV2:Evolutionary Multi-Objective Surrogate-Assisted Neural Architecture Search is accepted to ECCV 2020 as an Oral paper.
- 03/29/2020 Pre-print on HERS: Homomorphically Encrypted Representation Search now available on Arxiv.
- 02/01/2020 One paper titled MUXConv: Information Multiplexing in Convolutional Neural Networks. is accepted to CVPR 2020.
- 12/03/2019 One paper titled Multi-Criterion Evolutionary Design of Deep Convolutional Neural Networks is published in IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (TEVC).
- 11/13/2019 Delivered a talk at IIT Madras titled “Towards Semantically Controllable Representation Learning”
- 11/13/2019 Delivered a talk at GIST titled “Advances in Deep Learning: Present and Future”
- 07/17/2019 Congratulations to Zhichao Lu, whose paper NSGA-NET: A Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm for Neural Architecture Search received the Best Paper Award (EML Track) at GECCO 2019.
- 02/21/2019 Dr. Boddeti will be a Tutorial Chair at IJCB 2020
- 12/05/2018 Congratulations to Rahul Dey, whose paper RankGAN: A Maximum Margin Ranking GAN for Generating Faces received the Best Student Paper Award at ACCV 2018.
- 02/01/2018 Dr. Boddeti will be a Area Chair at BTAS 2018